Once the material is collected on campus, it is distributed to several locations for pickup.
- Glass, plastic and aluminum containers are taken to the Mecklenburg County Recycling Facility located about 10 miles away.
- Newsblend paper, like cereal boxes, junk mail and newspaper and cardboard is collected and taken to Caraustar for recycling.
- Office paper is collected and brought to our recycling warehouse. It is then collected by Maslo for recycling.
After the recycling facilities receive the material, they bale it and send it to other locations that use the materials for new products.
Below is a graphic representing where some of our recycled material goes from UNC Charlotte. The map lists the following:
- Location where material is sent
- What material is sent to location
- What end product is produced