Services are listed in alphabetical order below, starting with "Adverse Weather." Please note: some services are run through "shops" which can be found here. The four shops are Central Operations BAS Controls, FCAP, Lockshop, Renovations and Steam Plant; Grounds Central Campus, Playing Fields, Perimeter & Construction; Motor Fleet & Automotive; and Utilities High Voltage and Fire Alarms.         

Adverse Weather

Adverse weather includes snow, ice, flooding, thunderstorms/lightning, tornadoes or hurricanes. In the event of adverse weather, FM is responsible for removing debris and repairing any damage to campus buildings and grounds. In the event of snow and/or ice, FM is responsible for de-icing campus roads, walkways and building entrances.



UNC Charlotte elevators are maintained by licensed elevator maintenance contracting companies. To report any problems with elevators during normal business hours, call 704‑687‑0562. During non-business hours or if an emergency, call Campus Police at 704‑687‑2200.

Additionally, all elevators are equipped with phones that connect directly to Campus Police.

Fire Alarm/Sprinklers

Maintenance is provided for all fire related and life safety equipment. Should there be a problem, please contact your Building Liaison or the fire alarm shop at 704‑687‑0575.

Meet the Team


The mission of Grounds is to maintain, beautify, repair or refurbish all of the University's 525 acres of richly developed grounds, roadways, parking facilities and recreational and athletic fields. Routine services include: care of shrubs, trees, and plantings, turf management, litter control, concrete/paver/asphalt installation and inclement weather maintenance. 

Special services, such as basic moving and some types of special event set-up, are available by advance request. For more information, please speak with your Building Liaison contact the office at 704‑687‑5219 .

Meet the Team

HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning)

Facilities Operations Zones maintain heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) to optimize indoor air quality, energy efficiency and occupant thermal comfort. Additionally, the department ensures proper functioning of certain refrigerated food service equipment, critical scientific refrigeration and specialized laboratory environmental controls.

To request preventive and corrective maintenance, technical service and installations/upgrades, please contact your Building Liaison or the Zone Supervisor.

Keys, Locks, Card Access, Video Systems                                                                         

This area creates and maintains the University's lock and key system, including building keying schematics, codes, key cutting, card access and video administration. Please report lost, stolen or damaged key/access/video devices immediately through your Building Liaison or visit the Shops website

Meet the Team


Interior building lights are maintained by Facilities Operations Zone Maintenance staff. This includes exterior lights attached to the building. If there is damage or repair needed, please contact your Building Liaison and/or Zone Supervisor during normal working hours.

Motor Fleet/Automotive

There is a small fleet of vehicles for official business transportation needs of the campus community. All drivers must be UNC Charlotte employees and have a valid U.S. driver's license on file with Motor Fleet. 

For reservations: go to Facilities and click "ARCHIBUS"

For policies: go to Facilities and search "Motor Fleet"

Meet the Team

Moving Services

On campus moving services are available. These include office relocations (up to 20 boxes), room evacuations and items bound for the landfill or surplus. Note: they are unable to move technology equipment such as computers, printers, copiers and other specialty equipment if needed.

To make a move request, please contact your Building Liaison to submit a request in Archibus. Once submitted and received, you will be contacted by the moving crew to schedule a date/time for the move. Note: this doesn't include furniture disassembly. If you require this service, please submit the request in Archibus separately.

Outside Repairs

Outside maintenance and repairs for sidewalks, storm drains, streets, concrete, pavers, etc. are completed on an "as needed" basis by Grounds crews.

Please report serious damage or overflows immediately by calling Facilities Operations at 704‑687‑0562 or 704‑687‑0564.

Pest Control

Grounds services provides routine grounds maintenance, which includes pest control. To request additional or interior pest control, please contact your Building Liaison or call 704‑687‑0595.


Renovations provides alterations and/or improvements for facilities. This may include painting or decorating beyond the level provided under basic maintenance budgets.

To request alterations or improvements , please contact your Building Liaison or call 704‑687‑0583.

Meet the Team

Repairs and Building Maintenance

Certain repair, testing, and maintenance functions are completed in the buildings using a pre-coordinated schedule. Sometimes special requests are needed outside of this schedule, the requests include; exterior painting, interior painting, mechanical equipment maintenance, electrical systems maintenance and the repair of water, air, gas, steam and sewer systems. Repairs utilize the services of many trade professionals including roofers, mason, carpenters, painters and electricians.

For maintenance or repairs outside of the pre-coordinated schedule, please contact your Building Liaison or Facilities Operations Zone Supervisor.

Meet the Teams

Temperature/Humidity Monitoring

The following temperature ranges have been established for heating and cooling comfort, while observing energy efficiency, in Facilities Management Department Policy Statement #2 - Temperature Policy;

"Occupied hours" (Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)

"Unoccupied hours: (Friday 7:00 PM - Monday 7:00 AM)

These temperatures do not apply to areas requiring special conditions such as server rooms, computer labs, sensitive research labs or special collections. Temperatures for these areas will be set by the Zone Supervisor in consultation with the department responsible for the space.

Building Liaisons should submit work requests via Archibus when work areas are outside the "Occupied" temperature range (70 Deg. F - 76 Deg. F).

Utilities and Utility Outages (Gas, Power, Water, Sewer)

Alterations or connections to University utilities must be coordinated through Facilities Management (FM). For your safety and to ensure the integrity of all utility systems, only FM employees or approved contractors are authorized to complete utility work. (Telephone and communications services are managed by University IT Services Dept. (ITS)).

Power outages may be the result of larger issues related to electrical wiring, plug load or energy distribution. For isolated power outages (not the whole building), please contact your Building Liaison or Zone Maintenance Supervisor. For widespread power outages (building-wide or campus-wide), contact your Facilities Operations Zone Supervisor or the Zone Maintenance Manager.

IF THE OUTAGE POSES ANY DANGER, or it is after normal business hours, please contact Campus Police at 704‑687‑2200.

Parking is managed by Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS) they can be reached at 704‑687‑0161 or PaTS website.

Events, facilities and equipment rental is managed by Conference, Reservations and Events Services (CRES). They can be reached at 704‑687‑0715 or by visiting the CRES website.