- A proficient, responsive, and adaptive team
- Campus leader in the programming and estimating process
- Provide professional recommendations and data to decision makers
- Provide high quality services in a collaborative manner
Facilities Planning follows the Campus Master Plan as a guide for growth. Further, sector studies provide focused planning for specific areas of campus. The Facilities Planning team consults with campus customers and administrative staff to prepare pre-programming and early estimates of probable costs prior to hiring a Design team. Once a Design team is hired, Facilities Planning leads the process and provides the early data. Capital Construction takes responsibility of the project during the schematic design.
Space Planning Services
The Facilities Planning department provides space planning and layout design services as part of the University’s integrated campus space management program. The Facilities Planning team:
- Helps maintain the database cataloging all space used by the University.
- Provides space usage information for University owned and leased buildings.
- Collects building documentation reflecting existing conditions including drawings and specifications.
- Assists users in retrieving building information as needed.
- Conducts an inventory and assesses existing space usage.
- Translates requirements into space solution options.
- Analyzes current space layout to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assists in the development of programming documents for the design and construction of new space or renovation of existing space.